Premier League season 2020/21 kicks off tonight. The first match between the newly promoted Fulham vs the Emirates FA Cup and Community Shield champions Arsenal. The two London clubs go head-to-head in the opening game of this new Premier League season. Who will be the Premier League champions 2020/21? Who will finish in the top 4? Which teams will get relegated this season? Find out what the footballing experts have to say.
In an unpredictable league like the Premier League, where at least six teams are favorites to win. It is very difficult to say anything before the league starts. However, looking at the teams and the transfers each club has made we can get a rough idea of how the league table will stand after the final match-day. Chelsea has spent more than £200 million on transfers this window. Liverpool and Manchester City haven’t spent much this season. Manchester United have brought another mid-fielder. Newly promoted clubs have brought a few new names into their teams. Wolves have spent £35 million on an 18-year-old forward. It is going to be an exciting Premier League season.
The relegation battle is as exciting as the title race battle. Teams give their best to stay in the Premier League. Last season we had a great battle until the final match-day. However, three teams have to get relegated to the EFL Championship.
- Fulham will be one of the clubs to get relegated. Newly promoted in the Premier League, however, they probably have the worst defense in the league. The London club will need a miracle or at least a great team performance to stay in the top tier.
- West Bromwich Albion will be the second of the three clubs to get relegated this season.
- Aston Villa barely survived last season to keep their place in the top tier. However, it doesn’t seem they will keep their place this season. They have struggled defensively and only managed to score 35 points.
Another battle to watch in the Premier League, the Europa League qualifications. Although, not as exciting as the battle for the top 4. But definitely piques the interest in the league.
- As Arsenal misses out in the top 4, they will make it in the Europa League qualifications.
- The second team to make it in the Europa League spot, Everton. They had a good transfer window this season. Signing James Rodriguez from Real Madrid and Allan from Napoli. They have a good team with a great manager.
The Top 4
The Premier League top 4 battle is always exciting to watch. Usually, the top 4 is not decided until the final game-week. Last season we got to see a nail-biting finish to the top 4. We can expect the same this season, as several teams are favorites to be in the UEFA Champions League spot.
- Chelsea is the favorites to win this season. So, they make their spot in the top 4.
- The second favorites to win the league is Liverpool. The Merseyside club will book their spot.
- Manchester City, despite having a comparatively weak defense, they have a great attack and midfield. Manchester City will make it into the top 4 this season.
- A tough battle between Manchester United and Arsenal. However, Manchester United edges out Arsenal to make it in the top 4. Both the clubs equally strong and coming into the new season with the momentum, however, in a long run of games, Manchester United over Arsenal.
Premier League Champions
Usually, in the Premier League, a team amongst the “top 6” is favorable to win the league. This includes Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Tottenham Hotspur. However, season 2015/16 proved how unpredictable Premier League is when Leicester City won their first Premier League trophy. Although this season, Chelsea has brought in seven new players with Declan Rice still on their radar. Manchester United ended their last Premier League season with momentum. Manchester City has a good squad. Liverpool will be looking for more. Arsenal has potential young players this season.
The favorites to win this season’s Premier League are Chelsea. Undoubtedly they have a strong squad. However, many new players have made it in the team. Including the fact that they had very little time to build the chemistry amongst new players as they played no pre-season games. There is this concern regarding the team chemistry for Chelsea, else they are very strong in the offense as well as defense. If Chelsea doesn’t manage the team chemistry, Liverpool is second favorites to win the Premier League again. Manchester City had struggled defensively last season, the reason why they were behind Liverpool. However, we have not seen any improvement in their defense. So my favorites to win this season’s Premier League is Chelsea.