The Premier League season 2020/21 kicks off on Saturday. The first match between the newly promoted Fulham and the Emirates FA Cup champions Arsenal. What excites the most for the fans is the Fantasy Premier League or the FPL. It is a free to all fantasy football game. You can make your football team from all the 20 Premier League teams. A team such that it consists of 15 players and you need to manage it in a given budget. Every game-week your team will score points according to the actual performance of the players.
It is very engaging as when your team comes first globally in the official FPL league you receive many exciting prizes, including a chance to watch your favorite team play live in their stadium. Another reason why it is so fascinating is that you can create your mini-leagues with your friends and can compete with them. You need to look into the performances of other teams as well because of the diverse players in your team. FPL is one of the most popular game in the world. That is why around six to seven million Premier League fans around the world participate.
The FPL team should consist of two goalkeepers, five defenders, five midfielders, and three forwards. The FPL team is not only made with premium and well-known players, but also with the underdog players. Every season many players from the bottom-placed clubs have a huge impact on the points. So the trick is to select a combination of both. Also, look at the fixtures the player has in the upcoming game-weeks. Keeping everything in check let’s look at how the team looks like.
- Southampton has a good run of fixtures until game-week nine, facing only Chelsea as a strong team during this run. So our first goalkeeper will be Alex McCarthy.
- The second goalkeeper will be Burnley’s Nick Pope. He was the highest-scoring defender last season with 170 points. We can rotate the goalkeepers according to the level of the fixtures in the particular game-week.
- Absolute no doubt in picking Trent Alexander-Arnold in the defense. He was the highest point scorer last season with 210 points. He is good attacking and also scored freekicks for Liverpool, which gives us extra points.
- Matt Doherty is another premium choice defender. He was amongst the top scorers last season.
- After spending big money on two premium players we need to balance our squad with some bargain defenders. Justin James is likely to start as Ricardo Pereira is injured for Leicester City.
- A non-playing bargain defender in the squad will be Tyrick Mitchell. He has made consecutive starts for Crystal Palace in the pre-season fixtures.
- Another bargain defender will be Kyle Walker-Peters. He has a good run of fixtures for the opening few game-weeks.
- Kevin De Bruyne is the first midfielder in our squad. Highest points scorer last season in the FPL. Manchester City has good fixtures until game-week six. We can expect a lot from Kevin De Bruyne in the opening fixtures to score points in FPL.
- Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang will be our second midfielder. He is Arsenal’s most important and most inform player. He was amongst very few players to score more than 200 points in last season’s FPL.
- James Rodriguez will be the third midfielder. After reuniting with Carlo Ancelotti he is amongst the new players to watch out for.
- A bargain midfielder, Allan Saint-Maximin. Had a decent season for Newcastle United. Always a threat when going forward.
- John Lundstram was consistent for Sheffield United last season in FPL. Scoring regular points and a perfect bargain midfielder for such a small price.
- Timo Werner is the highest owned option in the attack. He scored 28 goals in 34 games in Bundesliga for RB Leipzig. Hoping to see him continue his form in the Premier League.
- Aleksandar Mitrović is the second most owned option. He scored the highest goals in the Championship helping Fulham to promote in the Premier League.
- Rodrigo is our final forward. He had a decent season for Valencia and we can expect him to shine in the Premier League for newly promoted Leeds United.
Join my FPL mini League, code: 1jw74k
FPL Trio on YouTube
FPL Trio is a YouTube channel that gives a detailed analysis of the FPL team every game-weeks. Many tips and tricks regarding how to build your FPL team to get maximum points. FPL Trio is one of those creators which are not from abroad but are based in Pune, India. The Trio Pushkar Deshpande, Saurabh Mhaskar, and Omkar Sathaye are the creators/founders of this Indian oriented FPL channel. They started this channel in June. They have been playing FPL for a long time and they aim to prove that FPL has huge popularity in India as well as many other countries. FPL is widely discussed around the globe.
Their agenda is to establish a platform that will give a voice as India’s football addiction towards the Premier League and Fantasy Premier League. Do support their channel and help them grow, so that they can provide you amazing content like this in the future:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTPE3k21FKYTVDw2CD3yzxA